Everyday we are faced with choices. Spending extra time and money now on healthy foods and green products and utilizing naturopathic services for prevention can save you money later in medical bills. So take some time to make healthy choices for you and your family, before your health changes from these exposures. Here are some tips for a healthier you!
- Eat organic produce – look at the produce number and if it starts with a 9, it is organic. This way you minimize your exposure to harmful herbicides and pesticides.
- If you consume meat, choose meat from free range, non-grain fed, 100% grass fed, animals. Animals fed grains are more inflammatory and have higher levels of chemicals from their feed.
- Instead of chemical cleaners and soaps, use green products for personal care, to clean and for outside your home.
- Wash your produce with a diluted vinegar solution
- Instead of consuming fish caught in the Great Lakes area, purchase wild caught fish, such as wild Alaskan salmon.
- Purchase foods that do not contain artificial food colorings, as they are neurologically damaging. When you need some liquid food coloring, turn to natural food colorings derived from food sources.
- Sugar is very addictive, so just say no! It increases risk for most health conditions, so it is better left alone. For those that crave it, one bite is all it takes to start craving again.
- Try to avoid foods made with hydrogenated oils and canola oil.
- Look for foods that say GMO Free.
Working with a naturopathic doctor, like myself, can help you achieve optimal health and prevent chronic illnesses. I offer natural treatment options and detoxification programs to support the body in clearing chemicals that we have been exposed to. Contact me for more information!