The body has an inherent ability to heal itself when given the right tools for optimal health. There are fundamental principles that naturopathic doctors use to bring about these healing properties within the body. These include the following:
- The healing power of nature: When sickness prevails, it is due to an imbalance within the body. Treatment includes restoring this natural balance so the body can heal itself once again.
- Doctor as teacher: Naturopathic doctors educate their patients on how to optimize their health by explaining how the body works at its best and why this is important in the treatment and prevention of disease.
- First, do no harm: The methods used in naturopathic treatments minimize the risk of harmful effects and use the least amount of intervention necessary.
- Identify and treat the cause: There is a cause for every illness. Finding that cause and eliminating/treating it will bring about balance within the body. Do this, and the illness will subside on its own.
- Treat the whole person: Illness stems from an imbalance within several systems of the body, including physical, spiritual, emotional, social and environmental. Naturopathic doctors treat the whole person on each of these levels, not just the symptoms the person is expressing.
- Prevention: The key behind naturopathic medicine is to prevent illness and/or its progression into a more serious disease state by promoting overall wellness.
Put This Philosophy to Work for You
If you are suffering from a chronic or acute illness, and you’d like to learn better ways to manage your care and improve your health, consider naturopathy. Call me, Dr. Stephani Waldron-Trapp, to learn more. You can reach me at 612-250-2804 or you can connect with me online.