This is the time of year to finalize that New Year’s resolution and having a goal to become healthier is a great one! The beginning of a new year is the best time to start or get back on track with taking care of you. Here are some ideas to make it a healthy year!
- Laugh! Mark your calendar with happy thoughts that pop up daily and watch comedy shows you like. Spend some time with a good friend.
- Move! Don’t let this cold weather stop you. Bundle up and get outside for some fresh air and sunshine. Go for a walk on clear paths, try snow shoeing, cross country or downhill ski, try snow tubing… there is plenty to do here in MN!
- Live in the moment! Take one day, one minute, one second at a time. Live the moment and enjoy these moments, as they pass quickly.
- Look at food as medicine! With each meal you prepare, ask yourself “ what does this food provide for my body?” Choosing whole food that is packed with good nutrients will always do a body good.
- Take time for you! Schedule days for you to be with yourself, doing things that you might not always take the time to do.
- Breathe and reflect! Take moments to reflect on your life, practice deep breathing during this time and allow your body the time to process thoughts.
- Sleep! Catch up on lost sleep from the holidays, it will help your body function and get back on track.
- Cleanse! Take time this year to do a detoxification program. It makes getting back on track with food choices that much easier. For more information on how to do a healthy cleanse, contact me. I will be hosting a WellnesSeries class on detoxification in January as well and would love to have you come!
I wish you a happy and healthy new year!